This is the recipe that I keep coming back to. I honestly make these energy balls once a week for a snack to grab out of the freezer when I get home from work or snack on before yoga when I don't want to be too full but need an energy boost. The best part about it is that you can "choose your own adventure" with the ingredients! You can choose which nut you use, add flavored protein or collagen or cacao powder depending on your flavor palette. I switch it up every time depending on what I have on hand at home. Enjoy!
Adapted from The Roasted Root
Whole30, paleo & keto-approved, gluten-free, dairy-free
- 1.5 cups raw nuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup nut butter
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 2 scoops collagen powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup
- 3 tbs cold water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add the raw nuts to food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and process until a thick paste has formed. The dough should be sticky.
- Roll the fat ball mixture into 16 to 20 balls. Store in a glass container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- If you don’t have enough raw nuts, supplement with ½ cup almond flour
- Store in freezer so they last longer and have my preferred consistency
- I use maple syrup, but if following the keto diet, you can omit all together or use a fake sweetener.
- Make it fun! If you don’t have coconut or all the ingredients, use what you have at home. I tend to supplement with pumpkin seeds, cocoa powder, protein powder, or hemp seeds. Equip has my favorite chocolate and vanilla protein powders that make great additions to these keto balls. You can snag 15% off your order here. Let me know what you think!