adapted from Keto4carboholics
Whole30, paleo & keto-approved, gluten-free, dairy-free
- ½ cup organic pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups almond flour
- ¾ cup swerve brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven 325F and line muffin tin with liners
- Combine pumpkin, eggs and vanilla in large bowl and mix well
- Add almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon & salt. Mix again until smooth. If your batter overly thick, add 2-3 tsp of water to thin it out.
- Divide the mixture among prepared muffin cups.
- Top with a handful of pecans and cinnamon
- Bake for 30-35 min or until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool completely
- Make sure eggs are room temp!
- For optimal enjoyment add grass-fed butter to the middle and eat warm!
- Also experimented with 2 cups almond + ¼ cup coconut (and no change of eggs) and they turned out great, less dense.
- Top w/cinnamon, pecans and/or pumpkin seeds for extra crunch!