Adapted from Rachel Mansfield
Whole30, paleo & keto-approved, gluten-free, dairy-free
Recipe makes: 1 bowl
Are you someone who doesn't like cold things in the morning? Are you against cold brew? I hope that’s not the case, because we can't be friends…just kidding!
I’m obsessed with cold smoothie bowls and cold coffee, but this new recipe has been perfect on cold dreary days recently when I can’t seem to warm up. I love that it’s still a bowl form, so I can customize it with my favorite toppings/whatever I have on hand at home.
This is very filling and satisfying. I was satiated for 6+ hours and found myself surprised by how focused and productive I was with work and not wanting to snack at all after eating this.
The almond flour adds a nice thickness to complement the liquid and the full-fat coconut milk I used made it extra filling. You can always do almond milk or another non-dairy milk, but it may not be as creamy and delicious.
Since it’s hard for me to imagine banana desserts without chocolate, I used chocolate protein powder in this recipe. The only kind I use is Equip's brand because of the clean ingredients and good taste it has. You could also use cacao powder or chocolate collagen or just keep it as a regular banana coconut pudding bowl.
Would love to hear how your alternatives come out. I know I’ll be making this recipe a lot since it’s so simple and satisfying. Comment to let me know your preferences!
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 mashed banana
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- Continue to stir the pudding together until well combined over heat until it starts to thicken.
- Let the pudding simmer for 2 minutes then remove from heat
- Pour into your bowl of choice, add desired toppings and enjoy!
- Use what’s in your kitchen. If you don’t have chia seeds, just omit all together. If you’re more of a vanilla-person, try vanilla protein instead. I personally only use Equip's protein powder since they use clean ingredients (you can get 15% off all their products here)
- Try refrigerating half of it and eat it like cold pudding the next day for a completely different dish!
- I tried ½ coconut milk and ½ water to reduce the fat content and it still tasted amazing.